Backyards For Nature
Inspiring and teaching people to create healthy habitats in their yards by planting native plants and providing the essentials for wildlife to thrive.
What We Do
- Help homeowners create nature-friendly yards for birds, butterflies, and other native wildlife.
- Recommend planting locally native plants, the historic plants in our local ecosystem, to create a functioning web of life.
- Native plants offer optimal food, shelter, and breeding places for our native animals.
- They are essential hosts for native insects, the primary food for birds and many other creatures.
- Provide information on wildlife-friendly native plants for southeastern Pennsylvania and environs.
- Present programs to local groups.
- Offer on-site yard consultations for improving wildlife habitat.
- Write the Backyards for Nature blog with ecosystem gardening information and backyard nature observations.
Create a Habitat
Learn how to create a healthy habitat for birds, butterflies, and other wildlife at home.
Wildlife-friendly plants for Southeastern Pennsylvania and where to buy them.
Backyards for Nature Blog
Creating habitat and celebrating nature in our gardens.